URGENT: The Tuckahoe Planning Board holds your communities’ fates in their hands.
Tuckahoe, Eastchester, Bronxville and Southern Westchester you must be on the record now! They are VOTING on OCTOBER 19, 2016
- Make sure that they know you, see you, hear you.
- The public meetings may be closed for public verbal comment, but
- you can write and be on the record,
- you can attend the meetings and hold signs,
- you can make sure that everyone, and every organization, and every business takes action and writes
- and attends these 2 Crucial Meetings.
- Nobody Else is Protecting your Air for you, it is up to you.
- Please Write Before October 19, 2016 to verify delivery before the vote.
Rally & Tuckahoe Planning Board Vote: Oct. 19, 2016 : Your Presence is Vital.
Tuckahoe Village Board Work Session on Wednesday, October 19, 2016
- Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2016
- Rally : 6:45pm
- Meeting: 7:15pm
- Location: TBD either the Tuckahoe Community Center or the Tuckahoe Village Hall
- Bring: Signs, your children, family, neighbors, friends, and the media.
RIGHT NOW: WRITE NOW (Before Oct. 19)
I) Write Each Individual Member of the Tuckahoe Planning Board and Demand a Full Environmental Impact Statement be required for the Marriott Springhill Suites Development on the Marbledale Road Quarry Dump.
A) A FULL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT IS CRITICAL :
- The Petition for the EIS has over 2,000 local signatures, and is still growing: listen to your community.
- A full EIS will Tell us: what the impacts of their activities will be on us in writing.
- A full EIS will Require: concise descriptions of their actions and activities.
- A full EIS is the normal protocol for Brownfield sites.
- Tuckahoe, Eastchester, Bronxville, and Southern Westchester: the full EIS will tell you what the short and long term impacts of agravating this Toxic Hazardous Waste will be on your home & your family
- A full EIS will answer questions that they still do not answer.
- A full EIS will answer questions that they do not know.
- NYDEC Definition of an Environmental Impact Statement
B) Current Situation: Testing:
- They still have not followed the DEC’s guidelines to Characterize (test) the majority of the site.
- Currently Only 5 test holes go to 75’, the rest are only at 15’. Less than 10% (in some cases less than 5%) of the soil in each of those boring holes is being tested.
- They are still refusing to locate buried drums and tanks.
- Mr. Canovan repeatedly says that they ‘can not test everything’, but, they should, at a minimum, follow the DEC’s guidelines and test the Majority of the 3.43acre, 85’ – 100’ deep site.
- To much unknown Toxic Waste = DANGER to YOU.
C) Current Communications: There is no stipulation any where that Dr. Donald Hughes, P.H.D, PE, the Environmental Consultant for the Community Coalition will be included in any communications once the project is approved.
Before September, 2016, Dr. Hughes was not included in the Tuckahoe Village communications. In September, 2016 Dr. Hughes had 2 phone conferences with the Tuckahoe Village Environmental Consultant.
D) The Tuckahoe Building Inspector will be the only Local Authority with Jurisdication After Site Plan Approval. The Current Site Plan Approval does not set forth any specific rules or stipulations for the developer to follow in regards to the development project. The Tuckahoe Village Building Inspector will be your only local enforcement for any situation that may affect the community during all of the construction activities.
Tell Mayor Ecklond of Tuckahoe, Supervisor Colavita of Eastchester, Mayor Marvin of Bronxville, and all the Boards of Trustees that THEIR COMMUNITY demands that they immediately take the Following actions:
1) Write to the Tuckahoe Planning Board and request a full Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The Petition for the EIS has over 2,000 signatures, and is still growing.
2) Write to the Tuckahoe Planning Board and the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and Demand Full and Comprehensive Testing, Evaluation, Assessment and Risk Assessment of the Entire Marbledale Road Quarry Dump BEFORE any Construction and/or Remediation work is started.
3) Write to the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Demand that the Final Remedial Action Work Plan be Revised after the FEIS, Comprehensive Testing, Comprehensive Assessments and Evaluations are completed.
4) Demand that The Mayor of Tuckahoe and the Tuckahoe Board of Trustees Place a Moratorium on all remediation and construction activities until the FEIS, Comprehensive Testing, Comprehensive Assessments and Evaluations are completed.
5) Demand that The Mayor of Tuckahoe and the Tuckahoe Board of Trustees enact Full Transparency of ALL testing, assessments, remediation, construction, schedules, and associated documents. That ALL documents be placed into a public online downloadable site.
6) Demand that The Mayor of Tuckahoe and the Tuckahoe Board of Trustees enact Full Transparency of everything that has occurred, and will occur, in relation to the Tuckahoe Marbledale Road Quarry dump.
YOUR TIME TO SPEAK OUT IS NOW & Put it on the record now!
Your public officials are able to take actions to protect their communities:
Their Legacy’s are at stake. How they protect our communities’ from threats is on the line.
The Marbledale Road Quarry Dump is a threat to our Community and must be treated as a threat.